Price List Winnebago Chieftain 1976

Started by Schmitti, April 16, 2015, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmitti

I need your help again :-[ .
For my insurance I need the then price of a 1976 Winnebago Chieftain - what a buyer paid at the time and what would it be for the equivalent of today i??

Thomas?
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Oz

In addition to the base cost, that would depend a lot on what options are on the RV as well.  A fully outfitted one would be more of course compared to a basic model.

I know that my friend's dad bought a brand new '77 Chieftain for $23,000.  Can't tell you how it was equipped.  That was a long time ago.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

TerryH

Thomas
After all the "hoops" you had to jump through for your inspection, and now this with insurance, I'm amazed you are still upbeat.
As for the original pricing it might help to contact Winnebago with your serial number and your reason for request. Being that your unit is in Germany they may take an interest and help you out as far as they are able. While they likely cannot tell you the original purchase price they may be able to give you what we refer to as a MSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
We are all pulling for you and are greatly enjoying your posts.
Best of luck.
Terry
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Schmitti

@oz:
Thanks for the $ 23,000 to help me continue this :)ThmbUp . It's not about the exact price for MY Winni. The German insurance companies set their calculation the then price as a basis but may not be entirely accurate.

@TerryH:
Wow, I blush just at the many praise  :-[ :-[ That's what I do not deserve  ;)

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Rickf1985

You completely deserve all of the praise. What you accomplished on this coach is amazing and the time frame made it even more so. Very well done Thomas.