The Bluebird flies!

Started by DonD, March 30, 2015, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

Off to our first campout with the fledgling bird.   :)clap

Staying local, about a 100 mile RT.

Will add more pics when we return.

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/dondq/library/The%20Bluebird%20flies%20to%20Cottonwood?sort=3&page=1
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Rickf1985

Outstanding! I have a question. Isn't it illegal to retain the school bus lights up top once it is converted? I would think if nothing else that would give the problems I hear of campgrounds not allowing converted buses in. Stupid rule! One of the reasons I didn't do what you have done. Enjoy and I will be paying close attention.

DonD

Rick;

The red lights have been replaced with amber all around. The STOP sign is gone. All SCHOOL BUS signage is gone so it's legal.
Now I would not suggest turning on the (now amber) lights while on a public road, they still flash in a "wig-wag" pattern.

Some states have an issue with an ex school bus with ANY yellow remaining. Our bus is now titled as a Motorhome Coach in AZ. so it's no longer a SB.

No PUBLIC CAMPGROUND, I KNOW OF , will turn away a bus. We were not the only bus at the State CG we were just at, there were 2 others. Now private CGs and RV Parks are another story. Some will but very few. Some will have a case by case rule and they need to see the bus..Pics work. That said I've been RVing since the 60s and have never stayed in an RV park. Lots of private CGs and of course public CGs.

Now back to the trip.

All went well, all systems performed  well. A successful fledging of the bird!
The route in included some very steep climbs and the Bird did well and did not even come close the overheating pulling 4300 lbs.
Camping was a joy in the bus. Warm or cool as needed, the lighting/XM/TV and all amenities worked as designed.   :)clap
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

M & J

:)ThmbUp Congratulations sir. Nice work, well done.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]