Need new gas tank

Started by lost00, March 23, 2015, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost00

I am looking for new gas tank for my 76 Winnebago custom

and when i change fuel filter and found lots rust piece stuck in filter then i check gas tank inside
and found lots rust... so i know there no way to clean out and inside rust..  so i decide to look
for fresh new gas tank and sender  where can i find it ?

lost00

i tired seatch for new gas tank for 76 winnebago custom M500  but i found on line for custom 53 gal Alumuium tank for $350
no rust again..  and can do 1 tank  without  2 old gas tank with switch main and Aux ?

do y think it will work on 76 dodge classic M500? 

http://www.fleettruckparts.com/Fuel-Tanks/Custom-Fuel-Tanks

TripleJ

Doesnt seem to be much traffic on this board lately...

In my experience many of these units have custom fuel tanks, not something you are likely to find in a catalog.

There are indeed many places that can clean the inside of your fuel tank.  A shop will usually be able to acid dip your tank and coat it inside and out for less than the $350 you are looking at for the new tank.  Call around to radiator repair or fuel tank repair shops in your area, maybe find an auto parts store and ask them. :)ThmbUp
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

LJ-TJ

Afraid I have to agree with TripleJ. You should be able to find in my case a rad shop  that will either steam it or dip it and coat it for you for around a $150.00. Hm?

lost00

150 dollar i wish...  i live small town and i tired call local 30 to 120 mile  they want $200 to 300 to clean out and coat but fuel sending not come with price..  also i call metalwork in Oregon they want 250 to 350 dollar.. plus shipping..

http://www.metaldipping.com/index.php

DRMousseau

While BOTH of my tanks seem solid,... there is some rust and particle matter to contend with. Fuel gauge has never worked for whatever reason, but pocket technology has made record keeping easy and the odometer DOES work.

I wouldnt want to consider sourcing a new fuel tank, and "repair" would jus be out of the question!!! Costs and quality are pretty important factors in addition to other considerations. And finding a tank that could be easily adapted,... maybe.

Having a few highly skilled and experienced, personal "connections",.... I'd likely consider having one custom built TO FIT!!! NOT what I would recommend, after all, this IS a fuel tank!!! Nothing to fall short on!!! I would personally consider a baffled Stainless tank. Aluminum will require some VERY special engineering considerations but MAY be lighter weight.

Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"