Missing Fuel tank?

Started by Rusty2867, March 18, 2015, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty2867

I've got a 77 Minnie with a 360 and it is missing what I assume is the aux tank.The one missing was located behind the driver on the outside of the frame.Any suggestions of where to find one,does anyone have a diagram of the fuel system? My other option is to leave it out but need to know how the fuel lines should run for the single tank.

Oz

Replies should be about the the fuel tank, not the engine mods.   
Different subject = new topic to be posted.

How to set up fuel delivery to generator has been split to its own topic.

;)

Are you sure you're missing one?  The 1977 Winnebago Minnie Winnie brochure only mentions that it holds 35 gallons of fuel, which would only need 1 tank to hold.
Hm?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

76minnie

I have a '76 Minnie. Looks just like yours, different colors. It also has the 360. It only has 1 big plastic gas tank. I'm assuming 35 gallon

Rusty2867

Yes I am sure it is missing one,the straps,fuel lines,filler neck are all there just no tank! Of course maybe it was an option or add on.I will have to look at the paperwork that came with it but it is in storage with the rv.

Rusty2867

This is what's hanging there,also has a tank selector switch on dash says 35g  20g.It almost looks like I could, dare I say use a 20 gallon chevy trk tank from late 70's or 80's

Rickf1985

A lot of the later pick ups use tanks mounted outside the frame. I am not sure about the earlier ones. I know a 1977 D250 we had in our fleet had a side mounted tank because I had to drop it twice. N:(

Rusty2867

All the salvage yards around here punch holes in the tanks so its kinda hard to find one.Been watching CL for someone parting out