Author Topic: Installing a Trimetric Battery Monitor  (Read 4098 times)

Offline LJ-TJ

• 14 year member
  • I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1975
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: D21
  • Chassis: Dodge
  • Engine: 440-3
Installing a Trimetric Battery Monitor
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:12 AM »

Offline Oz

• "So let it be written; so let it be done!"
Re: Installing a Trimetric Battery Monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:40 PM »
I'd like to add that Dave Bailey made note in the Gear Box that he purchased one of these to install on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180957166631?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He said it was cheaper, but I assume it serves the same function.
Previously enjoyed our '74 - D24 Indian & '74 - D24 Indian Custom

Offline DRMousseau

• Year: 1987
  • Make: 34' Georgie Boy
  • Model: Cruise Air II
  • Chassis: John Deere
  • Engine: Ford 460
Re: Installing a Trimetric Battery Monitor
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:56 AM »
I jus installed one of these last weekend, along with a new "Boondocker" and two new T-105's....oh, and I replaced my broken hydrometer too.

A through understanding of how something works, can allow you to use systems like this to a greater advantage that's far beyond the average user. Such advantage can extend the life of batteries and systems, and actually reduce costs! While the Tri-Metric IS a bit more costly, and may be a bit more more "high-tech" than other devices, it does save considerable time in monitoring, measuring, and record keeping, as it stores AND provides information helpful in maintaining a healthy battery system in your RV.

Most monitors display battery voltage in some way, and I'll agree that most are are quite poor, inadequate, and often useless. Some display battery capacity remaining, and tell your when it's low or time to "charge", based on voltage alone. The basic information displayed by the TriMetric, is much the same as any battery monitor, but much more accurate and precise due to "programming" of additional "set points". This provides capacity and charging info based on YOUR specific system!! The extended information and data capabilities, also help in monitoring and maintaining your system with maximum benefits.Oh I'll still get to the batteries monthly, to take hydrometer readings and adjust water levels. And this added effort will also allow me to "adjust" programed set points as needed. The extended information and data capabilities, also help in monitoring and maintaining your system with maximum benefits for both, the user AND service technicians who may be servicing and troubleshooting your system.

Did you know,.... batteries, such as the T-105, actually INCREASE in available capacity from new condition??? As the new internal plate surfaces are eroded by use, the surface area increases and provides more storage capacity for use!!! By carefully monitoring batteries, you can take advantage of this increased capacity AND actually prolong battery life. If your batteries are not used to their full capacity on a regular basis, you will actually REDUCE your battery life and potential!!!

Yes,... the Tri-Metric Battery Monitor is a bit more costly. But so are batteries when they fail unexpectedly!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoying all the benefits  Full Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a:

* Model Brochures

View Brochures for all
Winnebago, Itasca,
LeSharo & Phasar
1969-present

Layouts, features,