Need 72 d19 Replacement muffler

Started by Thenoob, February 08, 2015, 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenoob

Hi everyone

I have a hole in my muffler, need to replace it so I can go through emissions testing here in Vancouver.
  The chassis is a old dodge m300 correct? When you order exhaust/engine parts for these older motorhomes you just give them the engine size I'm guessing (318)
  First time I'm having to order parts for this project.

Thanks!

Oz

They won't know what you're talking about if you tell them it's an M300 chassis.  They have no reference parts books for it.  You can get the Inside/outside dimensions of the exhaust pipes depending if the muffler goes in or over the pipes, plus the length. width, height shape, etc of the muffler... or... you can just remove the muffler and take it with you.

I'm sure there are other members who've replaced their muffler on a D19 and maybe still have the source they got it from and the part number.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Thenoob

Gotcha
Maybe I'll do that once my replacement lights arrive.

If anybody has replaced theirs any info would be awesome.

Hoping to be inspected and on the road in a few months

LJ-TJ

Yep! All I do is take the old muffler to a muffler shop and say I'm looking for one of these. Works every time. I'm over here in eastern Canada and most the time I just take the part with me to the NAPA dealer and their fantastic. Never let me down yet. :)ThmbUp

plockit007

Hi a friend of mine purchased a new Mustang 2009. He of course up graded the muffler. So he gave it to me and I had it installed.  Nice and quiet.

Thenoob

Great suggestions and I'll do just that!

Cheers! Now if I could only find a airbag setup for this old chassis I'd be money!!

LJ-TJ

Check with Sands RV in Ohio. I know he had them last August. Many here have done business him and he's a great guy to do business with. :)ThmbUp

http://www.sandsrv.com/

plockit007

Hi: I'm in Colorado Springs, CO a friend of mine gave me his new muffler off of his the 2007 Mustang. For my 1975 Chieftain D25CL w/ 440.3.

My suggestion would be to just find out what muffler system fits a 318. My system is a 440.3 went from a lot of noise to none or less anyway.

I would not worry about chassis size just engine parts.

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?enabled_terms=&s_it=wscreen50-bb&q=what+size+muffler+do+I+need+to+replace+on+a+318+engine+in+a+motorhome

I know this is long it has lots of info.  Hope this helps