Engine won't start: not getting fuel

Started by newrvguy, November 27, 2008, 01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsnyder

I thought this was a Chevy based on OP, but turns out that's over 5 years old.  Got myself all twisted around. 

Maybe start a new thread next time.

NiftyBetty

Well, my mechanic is a local RV mechanic.  New to me, but has a good reputation.   I'm afraid I am encouraging replacing parts I don't need thinking that if it's cheap and may be a problem, at over 40 years old, better safe than sorry.  It's been two years at this point, and I've yet to take a trip that didn't end with a trip back to the mechanic or a tow.   I did find another mechanic who will work on the engine where the wait is much shorter and would have had it towed to him except that it was after 5 on Saturday and his lot was locked.  No one seems terribly excited at working on this old rig.   At this point, I guess I'll just keep the faith.  Thanks for the words of wisdom.   

legomybago

Quote from: NiftyBetty on September 13, 2018, 10:30 AM
Well, my mechanic is a local RV mechanic.  New to me, but has a good reputation.   I'm afraid I am encouraging replacing parts I don't need thinking that if it's cheap and may be a problem, at over 40 years old, better safe than sorry.  It's been two years at this point, and I've yet to take a trip that didn't end with a trip back to the mechanic or a tow.   I did find another mechanic who will work on the engine where the wait is much shorter and would have had it towed to him except that it was after 5 on Saturday and his lot was locked.  No one seems terribly excited at working on this old rig.   At this point, I guess I'll just keep the faith.  Thanks for the words of wisdom.
I like the positive attitude  :)ThmbUp
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Ben,there, done that. Back quit a few years ago did the same thing. Stepped up to the plate,paid real money for real U.S.A./Canadian made parts and never regretted it. Ok, well till it burnt to the ground. The trick is to find a old school mechanic honest who would do you right. Good show mate. Seriously good luck finding a honest mechanic. When in doubt there is one in New Jersey.

Rickf1985

LJ-TJ

G&M Auto Service Family Owned and Operated Since 1994
1636 Bridgeboro Road
Edgewater Park, NJ 08010
wwwgandmautoservceinc.com

With out question one of the most honest experienced Classic Winnebago mechanics I've ever done business with. Can't recommend him highly enough. Super,super nice chap Brad Choyce. (609)835-4046 PLUS He owns and camps in his own Classic Winnebago. You know what they say about if you see the cook in the dinning room eating the food. Chances are the foods good. If you have a mechanic who restored his own Winnebago. Chances are he knows what he's talking about and where to get parts. :)ThmbUp

Froggy1936

I will second that recommendation  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

Forgot all about Brad, I met him the same time I met Tina when I stopped at his place to see her and her RV. It was funny because I was telling Brad that I had worked at the shop he owns many years before when it was a body shop.

NiftyBetty

I'm seeing a trip to New Jersey in my future. 

LJ-TJ

I don't know were you are in relation to Brad. If your any were close I'd give him a call and make the effort to get my rig over there. I'm real confident if you can and do you won't regret it. :)ThmbUp

Rickf1985

It is a pretty good ride especially if she needs it towed. She has to go through the city of Philadelphia then across one of the bridges to NJ.

NiftyBetty

Thankfully, I am driveable again.  Looks like about an hour and ten minutes, mostly turnpike from here.  I will be giving him a call.  Meanwhile, I will take a short overnighter to a local State park. Fingers crossed.  Thanks so much to you all for the help and the info.  Wheezie and I appreciate it.   :)clap  I'll post an update when I have something new. 

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

NiftyBetty