Sources for Coleman 4030-889 furnace fan motor?

Started by yvan, October 28, 2014, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvan

I have a problem with my 73 Coleman 4030-889 furnace in my Indian, the fan motor is shot. I found a company on line that had a replacement, and ordered it, but instead of sending it over night(as I had paid for) they sent it the slowest way possible(12 days to get from Kansas to Vermont). They were completely unsympathetic to my cause, said sorry, you will just have to wait. Seems they shipped the last one they had in stock to me and are back ordered for 2 weeks.  On the motor is inscribed Redmond (not 100% sure about the R) PE2415Q It's a double shafted(one out each side) 12V motor. Any other sources besides ApplianceZone.com? Anyone have a good used one for sale? 
Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

pvoth1111

if you paid with a credit card you have rights...tell the issuer and reverse the charges....when you get yer money back return to sender unopened
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

M & J

I think he's looking for an overnight option before he cancels the other order or is forced to wait for 2 weeks.
M & J

pvoth1111

pvoth1111

maybe??

http://www.rvplus.com/suburban-parts-blower-motor-12v-231706-pe26111q.html

Can I ask what's the rush...that 12 or so days is gonna make the difference.....reality is your supplier doesn't have it though they sold it to you....they gotta get it from someone that don't have it either and they may not have it either.....and so it goes...in a few days they will contact you and refund your money or worse offer you store credit.....I just hope you get what you paid for and are happy with your purchase.

and...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleman-RV-Trailer-Furnace-Blower-Motor-PE2334Q-4324-3019-/321431210948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad6cb0bc4

yvan

Thanks for your help everyone, the rush is that it's just above freezing here, so the furnace is a very convenient item to have. 

Unfortunately the motors shown are just off enough in dimensions that they will not fit (too long, or too short, or too fat etc. .
Yvan

pvoth1111

Our small ceramic heater heats our whole coach on low though its not freezing....well its 80 :D....but they work great....any hardware store or home improvement like 30 bucks....

Oz

Paul's suggestion is a good option.  There's a topic on ceramic heaters and a lot of people have gone that route.  Very popular alternative to traditional furnaces and without the headaches.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

yvan

A ceramic heater is what we are using now, but it means using the generator. The Gas furnace is happy to keep us warm using the house battery.
Yvan

RANGERRICK

Are you still lookin for a motor?I may be able to help.