Fresh VS Black /Grey tank size.

Started by yvan, October 15, 2014, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvan

In my bus I have a 110 gallon fresh water tank, and I have to replace the combined grey/black water tank(was an old fuel tank, and it rotted through) The current combined waste tank is only 60 gallons, and has no additional room. I can relocate the tank and lose some storage bay room. Considering the size of my fresh water tank, what sizes of grey and black should I try to fit to safely run out of fresh water without having a waste issue to deal with. Of the 110  gallons of fresh water all but about 2 gallons will go to drinking, the rest will be used for washing, bodily functions etc so I know I require at least 110 gallons. How much percentage more do I need to plan for. Also is a combined grey/black a good or bad idea and why?

Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

eXodus

Normal Factory designed holding systems  are about 20 - 35% bigger then the fresh water tank.  So for you 132 Gallons or more.

You shouldn't get your Black together with gray. You probably won't get the solids out of such a huge tank.

DonD

My current rig is 40 gal fresh, 50 total used=30grey, 20 blk.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

M & J

Our Allegro has 40 gallons fresh, 30 gallons black, 30 gallons gray.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

60 fresh
55 Black
17 Grey (way too small)

Dave
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

That sounds way out of proportion.

eXodus

55 Fresh.

I've got two gray water tanks, one black water and this is a total of 67 Gallons.
but I've got no idea which tank has what size. Seems like the Bathroom sink has it's own gray water tank.

After 4 days of camping the Black showed full and one of the Gray tanks. The other gray was not half full, and we still got fresh water left.

eXodus

Probably my black tank sensors are not that good. They show full after 4 days but I can see on the outside that there is still room.

After going 8 days, tank is still not full.