New York ComicCon The Walking Dead Winnebago Chieftan toy

Started by xerofall, October 13, 2014, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xerofall

Hopefully this will see the light of day and not remain a prototype. I'm a really big fan of the show and the Winnebago was featured in the first few seasons before getting torched and burning down :(

I *think* I read it's a 1976... but I'm sure you all would know more.

From AMC's The Walking Dead.

Wantawinnie

It's a 73 Cheiftain. I'm pretty sure they torched a stand in and not the "nice" one that was in most of the scenes.

4-Paws

The two dark circles up front you are referring to look like a rooftop condenser & fans for the dash air conditioning. Old semi tractors had these too.

xerofall

Wantawinnie

The one in the show is a 1973 Chieftain D-27C. The wheels are 19.5" one piece rims that were introduced in mid 1973 when disc brakes were first offered. The interior is also the one offered in 1973. It also has the rare Custom dash setup. There is a video tour of it on AMC's website.

xerofall

Oz

It's definitely a '73. 

If the opportunity arises to buy one of the toys, get it.  Not that the Winnebago is worth diddly, but the popularity of the show will make it a collectible item with increasing value.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Schmitti

Looks Nice  :)ThmbUp :)clap .... looks good  :)ThmbUp :)clap ... I will also have one W%

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.