Trying to see where my inverter should go - what do you think?

Started by xerofall, October 01, 2014, 12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xerofall

I was thinking of putting it in the cupboard so it's not in view normally. I'm only planning on using it for a small microwave, maybe a TV (if I don't get a 12v version) and don't really want it in view. Cupboard door would be open during operation, by the way.

Like this: (not installed yet, just testing locations)

Then I thought it might fit next to where I want to put my microwave, so it's easy to plug in other items and use the USB port easier...

Like this:

I kind of want it hidden away, to use only when needed...but the other location has its benefits as well... Thanks!

Rickf1985

Inside the cupboard would not be good, it needs airflow over the fins. It will got warm to hot depending on what it is putting out.

xerofall

circleD

As close to the battery source as possible. Then think about running a drop cord to where you want a plug in. I mounted mine under my sofa and the house battery is underneath (2' of wire) then ran a drop cord behind sofa and laid it behind the TV. If you want to get fancy and run wires or tie into factory wiring becareful of back feeding. I don't hardly use mine but if I need it I just pull the cord out. And there's plenty of air space under the sofa.

eXodus

I wouldn't mount it close to the roof, gets terrible hot up there.

Just did install mine, don't know if stays there but it was easy to do.
[smg id=6800]

Only 3 feet of wire, I can always see how much watts are drawn and what the voltage is. Will probably use the existing cable which had once powered the Refrigerator to install a "Backfeed"

Using a cable the other way around is not necessary bad. Just have to make sure that everything is safe and that is impossible to run the inverter and another power source at the same time.

xerofall

I'll see how much room I have next to the water heater (that's just above the batteries) and close to the fridge. I can run the microwave cord down the fridge chute and plug into the inverter via the door just under the oven.