1989 Warrior lights don't work - missing switch?

Started by ksandbothe, September 24, 2014, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksandbothe

Hi,
We have a 1989 Warrior 27EU that we bought this summer, and of course we were told it was "ready to roll."  Short version, we removed the roof and put a new one on.

This requires a lot of electrical wiring moving and labeling, etc.  We are trying to hook everything back up and since we only had it couple of weeks and didn't take it out before removing the roof we are trying to remember a few details about the electrical. We also didn't think to take really detailed photos of the inside prior to deconstructing the RV.

??
There is notch beneath the kitchen cabinet, over the sink that we are not sure what was there.  My husband thinks it is a rocker switch for the electrical.  He has the lights hooked back up, but they are not working.  If anyone that has a similar RV could post photos of the underside of the cabinets we would be VERY appreciative.

ANY help would be appreciated.

DaveVA78Chieftain

User "engineer bill" has a 22ft 1989 Warrior.  Send a PM to him.  He may be the best one to help you with this.

Dave
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

I have an 89 31RT Chieftain but the models may be different. This notch is not on the back of the control panel with all the switchs for the pump and tank levels is it? If it is it is a fuse for that control center.

ksandbothe

ksandbothe

No, it is on the underside of the cabinet that is over the sink.  The control center is working.  Right now it appears to be only the lights.  We are not even sure that there WAS a switch there, because the PO's had several "funky" things they did, ie. punch holes in all of the light lenses. ??

If there is a switch, in all of the chaos we can't find it.   We are just trying to cover bases as to the "why" they don't work, yet.

Oz

Which lights don't work?  Just certain ones or all the interior lights?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

starrebel

I have as 89 Itasca 22ec. there is a switch on the side of my sink next to door that operates the outside light and the main cabin light. if it is inside the cabinet it might be to cut off the power to the heater. If you could take a picture we might have a better idea
Mike

ksandbothe

The interior lights were not working, but thankfully it turned out be a couple of fuses that were blown. Voila', lights on.  BUT...

We still have that mysterious cut in the bottom of the cupboard over the kitchen sink.  I included a photo.
It is the square cut on the far left of the photo.

If anyone has any ideas about whether or not something is supposed to go there, that would be helpful.  Otherwise it would be another one of those odd things that was done before we bought it.  (Like a rocker switch on the dash for the windshield wipers, which I don't believe is factory.)

Rickf1985

I am thinking that it may have been a surface mounted light.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

TerryH

My thoughts also. Looks like a cable TV connection.
Terry
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

ksandbothe

Ok, The antenna is a possibility since there is the winegard antenna receptacle on the side of that same cabinet.

Thanks.  We will check if there is another antenna connector we missed.