finally got my Winnebago 1976 D21

Started by Rollingmenace, September 23, 2014, 12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollingmenace

Well ive been lurking and kind of window shopping for a while looking for a classic Winnie...this comes after a weekend of tent camping out in the Utah desert including a packed car ride of 13+ hours and dealing with the rain... I was on my way to take my mom back to DIA for her flight home and we happened to see a Winnie along the interstate for sale.. So on the way home Leslie and myself stopped and took a quick look.. we called the guy and made an appointment to meet and look at it this evening... I came out with some extra firepower, Leslies father is the state ambassador for Colorado Good Sams and a life long RV'er... so to not drag this on and after a lengthy negotiation we settled on a fair price and I go to pick her up tomorrow...

We are excited it is a bit of a fixer upper but is a solid running driving coach that I can work on as we go... we paid 3100 for the coach... it is in really good shape with the exception of hail damage on one side.. has 6 brand new tires 300 miles.. all appliances with the exception of water heater work great... has 2 deep cycle batteries.. 440 dodge motor coach only has 55xxx miles and from the shape of everything I do believe its 55 not 155 it runs very strong shifts well ect..only issue I can see is the steering seems to have a bit of play.. It has 400hr on the generator but has just been serviced (oil,plug,Carb Cleaning) when we arrived the owner was in process of replacing the belts just because they looked suspect.. it had a small roof leak at one time but the stain is about the size of a softball and there are no soft spots on roof or floors.. there is some slight damage on the drivers side window most likely a bad seal but has been resealed and is no longer leaking...same with one small spot near rear window.... unit needs a few small items but I think it was a fair price.. I cant wait to bring her home and start to get a little more into it.... may even try and do a small shakedown run in next week or two... ill post pics once I get her home...

acenjason

Schmitti

Have much fun with your new acquisition :)clap

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Rollingmenace

Thenoob

77Brave

It might be a baised opinion, but GREAT looking rig!

Rollingmenace

Rollingmenace

LJ-TJ

WOW! Looks like she's got great bones. You scored. Well done.

moonlitcoyote

Nice looking rig. Congrats on your find

xerofall

Looks pretty straight and has the same internal layout as my 73, so it's instantly recognizable. :D

JessEm

Nice! I love those colors. Same as mine.

Get a close-up of a hub cap. I might have a line on the missing one for you... And the size.

Rollingmenace

I have all the caps there just a little rough... I had taken one off when I snapped the pic......  I am actually going to run stainless simulators on her so I'm going to send all the mounting hardware to another member who has a set of nos caps for sale but no hardware

JessEm

LJ-TJ

Why do you think we called our Dimples?????? We got it out of Kansas. The drivers side looks like somebody took a scatter gun to the side of it. How you making out these days.

JerryP

Congrats,
Looks like you got the best kind of fixer upper.
The kind with no serious things to fix up.

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

cosmic

Hay congratulations on your new rig. I still remember the fist time I saw the orange stipe in my eyes..
it was love at first sight. lol

lots of good times to come!!!