Change is good.

Started by DonD, September 21, 2014, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

That is his clothesline over the laundry tub. i??

DonD

The bungie's just hanging there, no reason.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

M & J

M & J

DonD

Don and Mary

joanfenn

Is that another one of Mary's creations?  Looking good.

DonD

Yes, it is an insert that goesinta the lower e door window so ppl can't see in. I added the FP Skoolie!
Don and Mary

DonD

Let the painting begin!!

Don and Mary

Schmitti

:)ThmbUp

... this work I've also just  :-[

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

DonD

Getting there. Another stripe in blue next. Other side will be a pro. mural of outdoor scene.

Don and Mary

DonD

My first fuel fill up since I got her home. Drove 312 miles, mixed driving some idling and just a few miles trailer towing with 2 axle car hauler  and car. Took 17.9 gallons to bottom of fill neck.

Gonna like this 5.9 Cummins.3/19/15. Correction on MPG. I must have used Common Core...2 tanks avg is 11.5!
Don and Mary

sasktrini

Corey aka sasktrini

FastGlassman69

Looks much better , Good Job! Bobby

DonD

Battery/invertor test.
Running a 4.5 CF (1.5a) residential fridge through a Xanrex 2000 invertor (.8a).
Fired it up Wed. at 2pm. The fridge, an XM radio, amplified speakers for the XM (unk. amps) and the invertor on all that time and right now I'm at 12.5v, 51 hours so far. Began with 12.6v. I have 4 GRP 31 100+ah batteries, DEKA brand AGM sealed units and 1 GRP 24 unk. AH. The lone unk is under the bus in a box and was dedicated to the wheelchair lift.
Don and Mary

TerryH

I use a Xantrex 1750, less battery power than you, and swear by Xantrex. After numerous years of living and cruising on boats, and depending upon Xantrex inverters and Heart interfaces I would not use any other manufacturer.
Problem on the water- you cannot pull over to the side of the road to investigate.
Saw your offer for the smaller Xantrex unit for $100.00.
Anyone looking for an inverter, this is an excellent offer.
My opinion
Terry
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

eXodus

the Cummins is an excellent engine, nothing fancy about it just a good designed engine.

If my engine would ever die I would get one of these and do a swap.

Nice design

DonD

This 5.9 is the 185 HP version, MPG is very good, power is adequate.
Don and Mary

Rickf1985

That is the 12 valve engine is it not? There are quite a few things you can do to that engine to get better power and still retain dependability and mileage. But if you are happy with it now then leave it alone and it will serve you well for 350,000 miles with no problems.

eXodus

the horsepower is not the number you should look when you speak about diesel performance, it's the torque, the 12V should have about 420 lb-ft at 1500 rpm which is huge !

And you can tune the 5.9 with very less effort to gain a lot.

My 454 should have about 380 lb-ft but takes 1/3 more fuel.

DonD

Don and Mary

Rickf1985

Still easy and doable to get more power. There is the electronic way with programmers or throw in a set of RV injectors. The injectors were stock replacements for big RV's as they are called and also for marine use so they will not affect dependability. I put a Quadzilla XZT on mine back before they went out of business. It is a small improvement in power and torque at 75 HP and roughly 100 lb/ft of torque but you definitely feel it. I was also surprised when I gained a solid 4 MPG. It all depends on how you drive when you make modifications. If you use the extra power to the fullest your mileage will be really bad but if you drive normally it will actually improve because you are not at full throttle trying to get up to speed and you use less throttle to maintain speed. I have a set of RV injectors waiting to go in and I will probably stop using the programmer at that point. Or I may just use the timing advance program which does not add fuel.

DonD

Installed 200w of solar today. Nice to watch the volts go up while unplugged.

Our first real glampout is Monday and Tuesday night at Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood AZ.
Don and Mary

DonD

246 miles on 18 gal fuel.

3 tank avg. is now 12.5 mpg.

I keep a volt meter plugged in to a 120v outlet and today while playing with my BF Onan I see high volts w/o load...150v at times!

I had just cleared some debris from the needle seat so she was a bit friskier than usual. I had to adj; the speed screw/gov. spring tension to get her back to the proper volts with and w/o a load.

Range is 132 w/o and108 with.

Keep an eye on your output, 150v is a bit rough on appliances.
Don and Mary

DonD

Don and Mary

Rickf1985

What is on the wipers? Is that why you put up the pic or where you just showing off the good looking front end? :D

DonD

Wiper covers.

New blue paint here and there.
Don and Mary