Can Someone Tell Me What THESE Are? (Solved-jack handles)

Started by JessEm, September 13, 2014, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessEm

I'm not sure what these are, let alone what category to post in... Two 36"L x 3/4"dia steel rods. Found them in the water tank compartment behind the spare tire. Are they for the jack?

One is hollow, the other is solid. It looks like one is supposed to fit inside the other, however it would never fit...

One has the number "2954150"

Also, did 'Bago's of my vintage come with a jack? If so, mine is long gone. Can someone show me what it looks like?

Thanks in advance...

DaveVA78Chieftain

Bars - My guess is adjustment rods for aftermarket scissor leveling jacks used to raise and lower them

Winnebago did not supply a jack.  With a GVWR of 12K (6 ton), you will need a 10 ton bottle jack and 6 ton jack stands.  You will need some 3/4 drive sockets/breaker bar and 3 to 4 ft pipe to work with the lug nuts as they have a 300-350 ftlb torque rating.

Dave
[move][/move]

xerofall

Mine came with a jack, but no bars, haha...

RANGERRICK

The solid bar is part of your lug wrench and the hollow bar was for the jack.The lug wrench that came with the unit was a two part system.If you need the 2nd half i may be able to help you.

chicknnhead

^^^^^ what he said. the solid one is part of lug wrench for leverage to loosen the lugs

bluebird

The hollow one with notches is a jack handle. The end with the notches is what opens and closes the valve on the jack. Should have been a lug wrench along with handles, about 16" long that fit over the lug nuts and the solid bar goes thru the wrench. I also have a cheater pipe about 3 ft long made up to slide over mine. I'm not able to just use the wrench anymore.

DRMousseau

I have that lug wrench! The t-bar never survived,... and neither has anything else I've tried to use with it!! I found it necessary to have a shop remove ALL lugs so I could wrench 'em on and off myself. Haven't yet needed to change a tire on the road, but ya never know.

A 6-ton bottle jack will be the minimum you can use,... since they ARE hydraulic, jackstands or adequate support blocks are necessary for safety. That little cut slot on the end of those long rods, fits the t-valve to release the jack from a safe position out from under the RV! You'll find those handy since your new jack will only be supplied with 2 short compact ones that put ya in spot that I find rather uncomfortable.
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"