Will 1998 Chevy dually rims fit on my 23rb minnie?

Started by 76minnie, September 04, 2014, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76minnie

Found some on Craigslist. Wondering if anybody knows it they'll fit? Thanks in advance

rustyzman

If I remember correctly, the chevy center hole is just a little too small to fit over the hub.  Also the dodge is stud centered with coined wheels and the chevy is flat faced.  If you open up the center hole they should fit otherwise and some people do it that way.
The correct dodge stud centered wheel is a hollander interchange number 1176 for the dually wheel.  They are still available new, I bought 5 on ebay this spring.  Dodge dually wheels from 79 to 93 will fit too.
This all assumes we are talking about 16 by 6, 8lug coined wheels.
Hope this helps.

76minnie

That helps a lot. Thank you. I haven't been able to find them new. I will try with the new info

serenitygirl64

I am like you looking for an alternative rims and tires.  8.00R16.5LT is obsolete  :'(  I have a 76 23rb Dodge Chassis as well.  I will follow your posting to see how things work out for you.   i??  wish I could be of real help.  feeling helpless.

JessEm

Here in MN you can get them. I just had a set installed. ... I would call around if I were you. They're available, some places just don't have access to them. The place that did mine had to get them from 2 or 3 different vendors. But they're out there. Good luck.  :)ThmbUp

brians1969

On my 1969, I got rid of the those split-rims that nobody wants to work on and got 16's from a Ford dually (I think around 1980). $200. If I remember correctly, the Ford center hole is slightly larger. Same coining.

brians1969

chicknnhead

rustyzman

Here is an ebay listing for new rims.  Not a bad price either.  Hollander interchange 1176 16x6 8 lug coined stud centered wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Dodge-Ram-350-8-lug-Coin-Dual-Dually-Steel-Wheels-Rims-1176-/361045530211?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item540ffd9663&vxp=mtr

Better get them fast!  I think he restocks occasionally though.  Perhaps contact the seller and find out if you need more.

76minnie

I saw those on eBay. $115 a piece is steep. 115x7=$805 would still need tires!! Checked with truck dismantler here and they said good luck finding them! I went to les shaub and America's tire store. They said they can't get 16.5 tires. Les shaub said he could get new rims for $111 a rim. I really don't want to spend $1500+ to get new tires. That's as much as I paid for MH. Any other suggestions?

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

rustyzman

I understand.  The only other option then is to find some used ones off a 79-93 Dodge dually in a junkyard.  car-part.com can be used to search the whole country for wheels, but its a bit of a crap-shoot as to whether there is one at a good price near you.  I bought the new ones (5) and tires this year, so I understand the cost issue for sure.  Heck, you may even buy an entire old dually truck with decent wheels and tires cheap just to get them and scrap the rest!
Some wheels are really hard to find.  Finding decent condition dually wheels for my 54 Dodge stake bed took 5 years from two sources.  Can't be had new at any price, anywhere. 

76minnie

Thanks for the link. I'm going to have to keep looking for rims though. $710 to have 4 shipped to me. I really would rather invest in 16's if I can find a decent deal. I guess I'll be visiting the junkyards

serenitygirl64

It may indeed but keep in mind that what you put on the dually maybe different than the front...   going to a 17in or larger on the front and allow turning without tire rub or fender damage is questionable... 

Oz

The reason your earlier post "disappeared" is because it was a totally different question.  The original question was, will Chevy dually rims fit?  The question which got split off and correctly made into a new topic was, will Ford dually rims fit?

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,10269.0.html

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca