Refrigerator quit on electric

Started by Rickf1985, August 26, 2014, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I am sure that this has been discussed but I really do not have time to search, I am leaving for vacation in 10 hours and found that my fridge that was ice cold stopped working on AC. Lost all the food that was in it due to I was at work today and wife is down with the flu so she did not check it during the day. Great start to the vacation huh. What would cause the fridge to be working perfectly and then just stop working on AC? Power light is still on, no breakers tripped. Coils outside are cool when they should be warm. I switched to gas and it is cooling down again but now I am paranoid. Do the heating elements just go out like that or could it be a board going bad and do you think it will carry over to the gas side?

CCTVED

Mine has a fuse on the Board on the out side

when my Board went bad it wouldn't work on LP or DC only worked on A/C

eXodus

Remove the controllboard, remove the cover replace the 5a glass fuse and happy vacation

Froggy1936

Yes the AC heater will just stop . If after replaceing fuse it immeadiatly blows again the heater is shorted (just as in pic see blemish near top Blowout)  Usually if control is set to automatic when AC stops it will switch to propane  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

I think what my problem is going to turn out to be is a popped breaker for the DC load center. I have been having problems with that since putting in my Boondocker charger. I have found that the Norcold will not run on AC without DC power for the controls.
I will verify this over the weekend.

eXodus

This is correct, the Norcold control board is 12v powered. And the relay which switches the 110v on will not work.

liquidwrench63

mine dies if i let the coach batteries get to low the circuit board runs on 12 volts

Rickf1985

OK, I have run the fridge on AC since my last post and no issues at all. I can safely say the problem was the blown DC breaker feeding the rear of the coach, no DC power top the fridge control board.