75 Brave brochure freek out! :0

Started by acenjason, August 19, 2014, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acenjason

OK. So, I read something about someone referring to a D20 1975 Brave. I have a D21 and got to wondering what they did with one foot less in the D20. So, I downloaded the brochure for a 1975 D20. It came with the brochure for the D24. I was floored. These Braves have a completely different none eyebrow smooth front end. The front passenger seat is what looks like a couch....does anyone know what the deal is here? Were they concept vehicles? I thought all 75 class As were eyebrows. I feel shaken to my core!:) lol. Anyone know what's up with these smooth tipped Braves? I tried to attach the brochure but it said file to big.

Oz

The Brave was an eyebrow.  The non-eyebrow is what came a couple years later.  Almost every year showed some kind of transition most noticeable in the nose of the eyebrows until 1974 & after. 

The Custom was added as the design of the future, which was a simple, bread box shape; no eyebrow, no angle-top rear. The nose and rear caps were fiberglass and added to the thermopanel body.

In '74, they made the "Expo", which was the first model of the new, non-eyebrow, angled front end which became the basis for the D20 & D24 Brave of 1975.  They took the Expo design, did a few, minor changes & made it the Custom the following yer, and then went back to the Expo design and made it the 2 models of Brave in '75.

Look at the 75 Brave II brochure.  There's the eyebrow versions.  D19 & D21.  I think they had a bit of a misprint on the brochures that year since the file description really should have shown the D20 & D24 Brave as the "Brave II" since they were a new body & interior design. 

Winnebago did a lot of funky things.  The rule is:  whatever the rule, there's always exceptions to be found.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

acenjason