Flying J

Started by Froggy1936, August 05, 2014, 02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

The current charge for there dump site is still $10.00 But the discount for a Member has changed from a $5.00 Credit to a $2.50 credit Makeing it a $7.50 charge now !  $@!#@!   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

starrebel

In Utah they Did away with the RV gas discount. I did the right thing. Spent a day digging and installed a cleanout in my yard and I get my gas at Maverick. Haven't been to flying J in about 3 months even with my cars, E
ven if gas is a bit cheaper I will not go there. If everyone that has a RV was to do this Flying J would be trying to get you back in there. That is a lot of gas they would be losing.
Mike

Stripe

Where I am (Washington State) the state has free dump sites along the highway at the bigger (And a couple of the smaller) Rest Stops. They even have free Potable water..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

legomybago

When I lived in WA I used to dump at the rest area's too for free....They took them out of the rest area's in OR. It's 5 bucks at misc places like certain gas stations. Im glad to hear WA still offers that
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Froggy1936

In Pennsylvania the State parks that offer camping sites Have free dump sites with potable water And refuse dumps W reclyclables containers . :)clap The most expensive that i have used was North Carolina State park $25.00 The only way to use them is to pay an overnight use . :'( And that was a few years ago seems some have forgotten about People dumping anywhere possible a wile back Due to absence of dump sites . They belive the massive fines are a positive deterent !Some have remote dump valves and can dump without even stopping ! Just like no body speeds anymore !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

legomybago

My FMC has a "Thermosan" waste destruction pump! They came factory with them, it pulls black and grey water out of the tanks, and blows it into the exhaust! Its not hooked up though...Not sure if it would work anymore? I believe as long as your engine temp was a certain degree, and your speed was over 35 m.p.h's, you could turn it on.

Stripe

Wow, that Thermasan system is so simple.  I could DIY one..  Found the install manual for the B and BL models.

Also found an article where some guy says he "Invented" a cool new way to dispose of sewage waste from an RV using the engines exhaust to burn it off in How this guy made invention of the year in 2011 in Popular Science, without them even knowing about Thetfords product is beyond me.  Here is the link to the article. And the comments making fun of the article and referencing the Thermasan.

http://rv-pro.com/news/invention-offers-alternative-to-holding-tank-disposal
Fredric,

legomybago

I like the comments...Good stuff...

I may try to hook mine up later down the road? Who knows. Probably get sh*t on my face working on it ???

Stripe

Quote from: legomybago on August 06, 2014, 04:25 PM
Probably get sh*t on my face working on it ???
:)rotflmao
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

Since we have a composting toilet and only grey water onboard, I never pay the fee at the Flying J.  Almost all of the dump stations have a grate at the bottom, so I dump the grey into it while I'm gassing up...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

FJ must really hate you, LOL!  No extra costs for you to dump!   :laugh:
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Lefty

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep!  They've never said anything to me though.  I just fill my tank and let the grey water drain.  Works for me!  And since I spend so much freakin' money at Flying Js, I don't feel bad about it at all.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.