WOW.. New Winnebago look is a Classic Replica

Started by JessEm, July 27, 2014, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessEm

JessEm

Not exactly $4000 like 1966, though. From what I gather, $143,416 - $156,450.

Zombiejuice

Did you see this one? They didn't even have the guts to call it the Indian. i??
http://www.goitasca.com/products/2015/tribute/

JessEm

Maybe their pair shriveled up and died?  i??

You need to add that one to your collection in your avatar, Zombiejuice.  :D

Zombiejuice

I think four Indians is enough for me at this point. I've got a '72 also a '73 I bought for a parts donor. Also have two of the tonka versions. I keep trying to make more, but so far no luck.  W%

JessEm

xerofall

Zombiejuice

What I'm really looking forward to is the endless parade of d-bags that think their my pal because the bought a soulless imitation of my rig.  ???
But I guess if they are going to gut the vintage winnebago market with the Brave lite, they might as well chop off its head too with the Non Indian, Indian.

yvan

Who knows when they hit the road, our classics may go up in monetary value to match their sentimental value.
Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

ClydesdaleKevin

Dang those things are ugly!  Not NEARLY as awesome as an original eyebrow Winnie!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

I'm hitting the "like" button on Kevin's comment.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

joanfenn

xerofall

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on July 31, 2014, 07:03 PM
Dang those things are ugly!  Not NEARLY as awesome as an original eyebrow Winnie!

Kev

Yeah the oldies are classics... but at least these are better looking than the Tylenol capsules of modern RVs.

Mytdawg

I just happened across one on eBay and then HAD to go look.http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2015/brave/Really really cool but starts at an eye-watering $95,000   $@!#@!

xerofall

I love those... but what's funny is the older hard core RV people don't like the vintage look. They like their Tylenol Capsule RVs apparently. i??

Alaskan Itasca

I saw these new ones at the factory when I stopped by in October for a tour. they were parked all over the place, but not anywhere where you could take photos. I actually like them after seeing one up close, they had one on the assembly line at the end where they were installing the awning so it was together and just about finished. I thought it was pretty sharp looking with the red stripe. I didn't get to see inside one though since it was in the factory and for some reason we weren't allowed to wander around and bother the workers....
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

eXodus

They just try the same what the car manufactures did the last years,

built retro looking cars the Mustang, Challenger or the Camaro, which are all selling really good what I have heard. It's one more idea so resell something you already developed.
I like the look.
But I don't buy anything which moves at it's own power which is younger then 10-20 years :P

JerryP

I have seen these at a couple of shows. Actually looked at one again yesterday at the Louisville show and they are very nice units and start around 84k.
Oddly enough, my favorite one was the stripped down "Specialty" Basically, it had a the complete front drivers area, and the rest was a big plywood box with unlimited potential to do whatever you want.
For some reason though the retro Brave seems bigger than the original taller, wider, and longer.
Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

eXodus

Had been also inside one at the weekend at the Show in Fort Myers.

Outside I like the style, inside not too much. The colors are to fancy and I don't like the floor-plan with the corner bed which has to be built together and be tank apart to get to the bathroom ? and the electrical drop down bed is terrible to get into. So it was probably the 26A

Maybe with a different floor-plan. Just was looking at the page
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/class-a-gas/2015/brave/floorplans

The 27D is more of my thinking. I do really like my rear queen bed with windows on three sides.

I did google around the new one is with 6"9' feet on the inside exactly 10 inches less roomy then my old one, which is 7"7'
On the outside all new RVs are 96, or 8 feet.

LJ-TJ

This is the floor plan I'd like to see in a new 21'er rig. For the life of me I can't understand the obsession with putting the kitchen table on the highway side of the rig. When I'm heading down the highway I don't want to be looking at the cars and trucks I want to look at the scenery. I know this pic needs a bit of massaging but I think you'll get the idea. Hm?

eXodus

they dont make anything shorter than a 25 anymore,
the best floor plan i had seen on the show was the winnebage vista with 26 feet.

the 30 feet was roomy like a bowling alley, this would be the way to go. not the terrible brave flooring

NottooldNottoyoung

I had the chance to check out one this past weekend. 2016 model 85K asking price.

I found out a local dealer had one. So on my way out to a festival, I stopped in. The sales guy knew I wasn't interested in buying (that day), but I was interested in looking it over. He started it up and rolled out the sides and turned on everything. I was impressed!

I might have to go back and give a test drive in the near future.

Rickf1985

That's what I paid for my house and five acres of property, and that is in NJ!!!

What size was it?

NottooldNottoyoung

Quote from: Rickf1985 on February 10, 2016, 09:25 PM
That's what I paid for my house and five acres of property, and that is in NJ!!!

What size was it?

lol...

It was a 31C.

DRMousseau

Saw one and walked around it,... jus peeked inside though,.... and I wasn't impressed AT ALL!!!

Seemed more like an "Art Deco" wannabe, and jus didn't even come close to that either.

"Retro" huh,.... could have fooled me!!!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"