bleeding brakes RM350 73 indian D22

Started by lumpy, July 27, 2014, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

I have no brakes unless I pump them up a few times.  Checked the master cylinder and the rear reservoir was empty  Hm? .

According to my manual the rear reservoir is for the front brakes and in order for me to bleed this properly I need to first bleed the hydrovac unit and  I am unclear which one ( Fore or Aft )is for the front brake and which one is for the back brake?  or are they both connected? 

hoping someone here can help identify

Lumpy

circleD

Start bleeding them and which ever one gets lower is the one. Do you have tandems? Or hydro boost brakes? There are a few great post on these on here. Utilize the search box for brake bleeding procedures.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,9126.msg46599.html#msg46599

lumpy

Thanks circle d but I have a hydro vac system not a hydro boost system .  I have looked into that post but it does not contain what I was looking for . I may need to clarify. I need to determine which one of the hydrovac units controls the front brakes, and needs bleeding the front one or rear one?

DaveVA78Chieftain

I think the rear unit is for the rear brakes and the front unit is for the front brakes.

Dave
[move][/move]

lumpy

Well rear reservoir is of the rear brakes  and let me tell you when the rear brakes require bleeding and you do it...".... Tapping the brakes could potentially send you out the front window.   Wow what a difference, things are good to go.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Oh, you were asking about the master cylinder reservoir not which hydrovac unit is for which system.
That is shown on page 5-52 of the manual, Figure 2.

Dave
[move][/move]

lumpy

Dave,

I ended up bleeding both hydrovac units just to be sure and the front hydrovac unit was connected and associated with the front reservoir of the master cylinder and the rear hydrovac was connected to the rear reservoir of the master cylinder. Just in case some one uses this for reference in he he future.

Lumpy