New Indian owner

Started by yvan, July 26, 2014, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvan

My wife and I just purchased a 73 Indian on a whim ( it's so ugly it's cute , one of our grand children said). We are both new to RV ownership, and having heard nothing but good about these classics we forked over the cash. So that said, any good online reading of the basics of RV ownership? Also there seems to be a registration number of sorts on it (7552) is it something worth investigating to get some history on our new toy? I had it mechanically inspected, and on that front all is ready for a good adventure. Thank you in advance.   
Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

M & J

HERE is the best place to do some online reading about these classic beasts.

Welcome aboard.
M & J

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

JessEm

Looks like it's in great shape.  :)ThmbUp

yvan

Yes it is. Everything works, no leaks or funky odours. We thankfully underpaid ( at least we think so). New tires, rebuilt trans, solid power  plant, new mattresses.   Only $3500
Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

Lefty

Welcome,
The 7552, if it's in large black numbers on the rear or front near the roof, refers to the registration member number for WIT (Winnebago International Travellers). This was/is the official owners club for Winnebago Owners, and was extremely popular during the late-60's and early 70's. I have a Members Directory for 1979, but your number is not listed in the book. Perhaps by then the original owners had either sold the RV, or had stopped being members. Sorry.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...