1984 Southwind Eagle Makeover - 1st RV and 1st Remodel

Started by emoney, February 08, 2013, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Im on my second set of hub caps @ $40.00 ea, seems when they decide to fall off you are on a thruway @ 65 mph and someone runs them over anyway I ended up with them in the cargo carrier last yr if i put them on again i plan on using nylon zip ties But either way seems like they are a pita But do look good !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

doylexl

emoney

@Dave....OH yeah!  That's the one right there!

THanks everyone.  It's kinda cool how something seemingly so simple goes such a long way towards improving the look on the outside.  And, by the way, should anyone need a set, these, in 16" of course, were $139 including shipping for the set of 4.  If you're interested, I've got a card at home with contact info, but I found them on Ebay.

Weather is looking good for this weekend, BUT, and there's always a but, isn't there?  But, I've got to go buy my wife a car Saturday, so depending on how long that process takes, gulp.  I will, however, get something done on the little angel this weekend if it kills me.  Well, maybe that's a little drastic.  I should've said, "if it causes a stubbed toe, or hang nail".  No, wait, hang nails and stubbed toes are too painful.  Let's just leave it at, "even if it causes me to be momentarily uncomfortable".  There, now that's commitment.

emoney

Chrome goodness for your perusal;

Nice "snug" fit.  Proof is in the pudding, of course, so once she's got a few hundred miles on her we'll see how well they hold on.  But, overall, I'm very happy with my sale-priced-covers;

LJ-TJ

Now that looks sweet. It's amazing the differance something as small a set of inserts can make.

emoney

As you've verified, it makes a sizeable difference, but it's often overlooked by people.

Oz

Junkyard - $40 for the set, stainless - I just had to jack up the RV and get them.
:P

[smg id=157]
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

emoney

I gotta find a RV junkyard around these parts.  I know they're out there, I just need to go on the hunt, scour the area and find it!

I really, really, REALLY want to finish buying stuff this weekend, and that includes the outside paint.  So, after making the heartwrenching decision to NOT go with the dark color, give me your thoughts on this idea;

It still adds the mask, but eliminates all the black that's on there and restriping with a very dark blue.  The grill will be repainted as well with the gray so it all matches well.  Thoughts?

Oz

Me likes it.  A couple, dark maroon highlights would be slick...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

If it turns out like the picture I'd say it look rich as in sophisticated,classy. Looks good.

moonlitcoyote

emoney

Finally a little progress on the old girl today;

I have a perfectly legitimate excuse though; I've been sick with the flu.  But I'm back now!  Today was "warm the motor & generator up, run the A/C" day so I figured I'd spend a little time on the back splash.  Not finished, but close;

Waiting on SWMBO to see it and decide if there should be one more panel under and around the window by the sink.  I've still got 2 extras, sooooo.

She's starting to come together though;

Oh, and since I'm getting tired of the battery draining down (the start battery that is) from it sitting, I picked up one of these today from Harbor Freight;

We'll see how it works I suppose.  I had a walk around the roof while I was at it.  Feels pretty solid I guess;

The PO in between me and the original owner had already gone to the effort of sprucing it up.  That was nice of him.  Until next time, as they say in the motorcycle community....Keep the shiny side up!

LJ-TJ

emoney

Thanks, I'm really glad I'm a pack-rat after seeing it in place, lol.  I'm big on not throwing stuff away that's still got use.  My wife bought this and made a really cool wall decoration, but stopped using the panels about 3 years ago.  I've had them in my shop since then just waiting for the day they'd come in handy, buwahahahaha.  (She's kinda glad too now that she's seen it, lol).

One positive by-product of being sick and not getting much done is the coach has sat unopened for a couple of weeks, and, thanks to the new paint, all the "old motorhome smell" has been replaced with "new paint smell".  So now, it smells like a new one, lol.  Well, at least a remodeled one I guess you'd say.  Until next time!

mhtwin987

I'm going to paint my 81 Southwind interior as well.  Did you sand the interior before painting or just primer it?  Thx in advance.

newrvguy

How did you start this thread its awesome I want to do the same so we can exchange some ideas I'm new too!

Bigjohnk99

You've convinced me.  I'm going to paint my interior.

davecaprita

Blue as your showing and tan/khaki make a very nice color combination or so I'm told by our resident neighborhood decorator. Earth tones are also said to be very relaxing to those highly stressed individuals among us. If you've owned an RV for any length of time (and renovated it) you've probably been one of those highly stressed individuals among us at one time or another.       

Stripe

I should "Earthtone" the living daylights out of my interior then...   ???
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28