RVers Mail Forwarding!

Started by Mark Sobyak, April 01, 2009, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Escapees Service Network Just Got Better!

The Escapees RV Club mission to be a total RV support network has been ongoing for over 30 years, and the dedication to that mission has never been stronger.  One of the most respected and beneficial services within that network is Escapees Mail Service.  Established in 1985, it has grown to be the largest mail-forwarding service especially designed for RVers in the nation. 

In addition to a completely personalized mailing schedule, customized mail sorting options, and the lowest rates in the industry, Escapees Mail Service offers its subscribers benefits unmatched by its competitors. For example: 

• Escapees Mail Service has state-of-the-art equipment including an optical character reader that sorts mail at a rate of 15,000 pieces of mail per hour.  That means members’ mail is quickly delivered to their mailbox and ready for forwarding at a faster rate.
  • Escapees Mail Service provides free $25,000/zero-deductible identify theft protection insurance to all its annual members.
  • Escapees RV Club is a leading advocate of RVers’ rights and fought to secure a legal/physical address for Texas residents using Escapees Mail Service/Rainbow’s End RV Park as their home base.
  • Texas residents using Escapees Mail Service can also apply for Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance, a benefit that is often denied to full-time RVers in other states.
  • Escapees Mail Service members are preferred customers of Brookshire Bros. pharmacy and entitled to order their drugs via phone, fax, or mail and have them hand-delivered to their Escapees Mail Service box at no additional cost.

So, just when folks thought it couldn’t get any better, a brand new benefit under the Mail Service banner has been added!

Escapees Mail Service Personal Assistant

Escapees Mail Service has just added a new staff position that will offer “above and beyond” provisions to the exceptional services currently in place.  Sherri Burks, with over 10 years on staff and acknowledged as being one of Escapees RV Club’s best, has been appointed to help take service to the next level.

No matter which mail service category a member subscribes to, they now have their very own personal assistant on hand.  Escapees Mail Service members may call Monday â€" Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time, and ask their personal assistant to handle services that (in the past) have been unavailable.  Here are just a few scenarios to get your mind rolling:

1.  Your mail needs to be sent overnight but you’ve missed the 2:00 p.m. deadline for FedEx, and you need someone to drive your package to another FedEx pickup location.

2.  You are becoming a Texas resident and need someone to help facilitate the process.

3.  You’re passing through Georgia and have a strong craving for sushi and need a restaurant recommendation.

4.  You’re working with a Livingston attorney and need paperwork delivered to/picked up from his/her office.

This is a service that may not be needed often, but when it is, it can feel like life or death!  Now members will have someone they can call, and as long as it is legal and within feasible limitsâ€"your request will be met!

Better yet, this new service has NO subscription fees!  You pay as you use it.  The rates for this new service are billed on an hourly rate of $25.00 per hour ($20.00 minimum). Additional fees may apply if travel services are requested. 

Escapees RV Club is thrilled to launch such a highly personalized service for those members who have unique requests and need extraordinary help. It’s just yet another way they do everything within their power to help make life easier for you.

Just call 1-888-757-2582 when you’re in need of help, and they’ll be there to take care of you!

For more info about Escapees RV Club, visit them at:  http://www.escapees.com/
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ibdilbert01

Another few options...

Good Sam
http://www.goodsammail.com/

And if you don't have an easy to get to physical address there are a hand full of companies that will scan your mail and post them online so you can view them, shred them, or have them repack them and send them to another address.   Kinda like a virtual PO Box.   

The well known ones are.
http://www.earthclassmail.com/
and
https://www.mailboxforwarding.com/

Read the fine print, as if you get a lot of mail these services could get costly.   Earthclassmail seems to have more features but is a bit more expensive than Mailboxforwarding.   I've signed up with Mailboxforwarding earlier this morning to give it a shot.  BTW, if you use "freemonth" for the promotional code when signing up they will waive your first month fee.   

At this time Earthclassmail starts out at 19.95 a month, and Mailboxfowarding starts out at 9.95 a month.   But again, there are some fees with some of the features on both sites.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ibdilbert01

A quick followup with Mailboxforwarding.com.

I signed up for it about 10 days ago and have already started receiving my mail at the new address.   Its pretty simple to use and seems like a great alternative to a real PO Box.

Signing up was simple, but I did have to have one of the forms notorized and I had to provide two forms of Identification.   I was able to fax the form to them and within a day I had everything set up and ready to receive mail.   I've got three letters delivered to the box since them, and reading them has been pretty easy.   

If you have mail, you'll get an email letting you know there is mail waiting for you.  When you log into the site, it list your letters (Just the envelopes) in thumbnail view.   If you want to read one, you mark it for scan.  If you know its just trash, you can shred it right off the bat without having it scanned.   It seems to take a few hours or so after clicking "scan" before it actually gets scanned, but when its ready, they send you another email letting you know your mail has been scanned and is ready for you to read it.   You can download the mail via PDF and keep it, or have them archive it.   If its something you wish to have on hand, you can have them forward it to you (or any address) for an additional 75 cents.   

Your limited on where your mailbox will be though, Mi, Ca, or FL. I chose Michigan.  But for RV Full timers who are on the move constantly, it might be just what your looking for.

And one final thought, if your running an office out of your RV and need a fax, myfax.com is a virtual fax, it cost 9.95 a month, you get your own private fax number to receive faxes on, and you can send faxes as well, all online.  I've been testing it for about two months now and I am very impressed with their service.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!