- The Gear Box

* CWVRV News

Author Topic: fresh water tank capacity  (Read 513 times)

Offline biggrock1

• Make: Winnebago
  • Model: D21 Brave
  • Chassis: Dodge
  • Engine: 318
fresh water tank capacity
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:03 PM »
Sent: 1/25/2004 2:51 PM

Could someone in here tell me the capacity of the 2 fresh water tanks on my D21 Brave?

Sent: 1/25/2004 4:58 PM

Bigrock,I  see you have a 75 Brave.The specs for  the 77 Brave lists 45 gallons fresh water,doesnt say if thats one or 2 tanks,or both.
BooBoo

Sent: 1/25/2004 10:55 PM

I haven't been able to find many specs on this old girl and I have owners manual on mh and all appliances including antenna and awning .

Sent: 1/26/2004 7:25 AM

I don't have any specs for a 75, but for a 1974 D21 brave, the 1974 Winnebago Service Manual lists the wtr tank cap as 30/60. I don't know if the 74 is the same as yours, I guess it might be. It also says the curb wt is 7,920, the GVWR is 11,000, that it has a 125 inch wheelbase, a 36 gal. fuel tank, that holding tank #1 is 21 gallons, and holding tank #2 is n/a.
As far as I know the Winnebago Service Manual first came out in 1974, and I haven't seen any other edition of it. Mine is edition sm-1000. Does anyone know of different editions? denison

Sent: 1/26/2004 9:37 AM

Mine is 77-80 Winnebgo Industries,Inc
Motor Home Service manual
Part Number 701674-02-000
BooBoo

Sent: 1/26/2004 10:59 AM

The winnebago owners manual for my 76 D23 Chieftain lists 60 Gallons - I actually have 2 Galvinized tanks under the rear Gaucho ( in the rear storage Compartment ) I lists 2 - 25 gal tanks for the D26RK model maybe thats the tanks installed on mine - otherwise they are 2 -30 gal .       Sea Hag

Sent: 1/26/2004 2:10 PM

This is a Brave D21 Special and I have 2 fuel tanks without a change-over switch that I  don't know the capacity of. I have 2 fresh water tanks that I don't know the capacity of  and a black and grey water holding tank that I don't know the capacity of.

Sent: 1/27/2004 12:21 PM

They used the same size fresh water tanks in many models as well as fuel tanks . If your Fresh Water tanks are like the ones I described in my 76 D23C they may be the same size . For a complete list of capasities for your D21 you might get an owners manual avialible from winnebago dealers - I think there is a list of them under manuals on the boards . that is where the info came from for my 76 they are really helpfull and have all of the capasiteis listed as well as operation of the systems . providing a PO did not change things - Sea Hag 

Sent: 1/28/2004 6:34 AM

I have the orig. owners manual that came with the MH but the specs listed in it are for a (20' and a 24'). It specifies one 25 gal water tank and I have 2 tanks. It says that the fuel tanks are the same in both ( 36 and 20 gal.)<----might be correct.  The information doesn't seem to jive with what I see when I look at the MH  I would compare it with the 20' but the 440 in mine isn't even an option in the 20'. this is a pic from the manual. It appears to be a later model but has 75 Brave on cover of manual.

Sent: 1/28/2004 6:39 AM

WOW that image disintegrated in the sending process

Sent: 1/28/2004 10:26 AM

Yes the owners manuals sometimes does't match what is there the location of the tanks are not where it shows them on mine they are somtimes rather genaric - I think you could order pretty much what you wanted . and being a Brave Special  it may have been somesort of package or built for a show or worlds fair like the Expo model  - They also used different methods for pressurized system with air pumps and various water Pumping systems - are they galvinzed water tanks ? - Sea Hag 

Sent: 1/28/2004 2:06 PM

The tanks are galvanized. Lots of things are different on this one. When I spoke with the guy in Iowa about the fuel tanks not having a change over switch , he told me that that feature was on the EXPO model.

Sent: 1/28/2004 10:30 PM

Rick;
When I see you next summer, remind me to show you the 2 galvanized fresh water tanks in my Winne.
Dave

Sent: 1/29/2004 6:01 AM

Well talking with you guys I am sure that I will find out more about the MH a little bit at a time.

Sent: 1/29/2004 11:47 AM

Rick - My 76 D23C has two fresh water galvinized tanks as well - I think they used them for a pressureized water system as the switch for mine say's compressor - They pressurized the system with air from a compressor for water delivery when camping self contained and used the pressure from city water regulateed through the water fill valve when docked . Iv'e read in other disscussions that the galvinzed tanks are glass lined like a water heater - but haven't confirmed that yet on mine - other than the water is not rusty . Mine has been converted to a surflow on demand water pump - I'll post some pics next time I go down to work on it - Too cold right now -I plan to remove one to make extra room and lighten up the rear of my rig .
        Big rock - from my owners manual I think they are 25 or 30 Gal. Each . There was also a disscussion a while back about the auto switch over fuel tanks on the Expo - no one had heard of it before but it does exist , don't know if it works - I guess you'll find out . Hang in there we all learn bits at a time --- Sea Hag

Sent: 1/29/2004 2:16 PM

I have the compressor as well and according to PO everything works. I can't wait to try everything It's still -30 here and I haven't beeen able to put water in rig.

Sent: 1/30/2004 11:59 AM

My owners manual lists operation of both demand pump and air compressor The way it is set up I think it was originally an air compressor - When it warms up , Hope that is soon but not likley have to wait for the groud hog to poke  its head out . You will find that when you fill it up you need to open the relief valve next to the fill . If your manual does't have the prosedure I can send you a copy Via Email --- Sea Hag 

Sent: 1/30/2004 5:45 PM

I would appreciate that. Thanks!

Sent: 9/1/2004 11:46 AM

Just a quick note to confuse this all the more! My  72 C-20 Brave also has two fuel tanks, and two freshwater tanks, and of course a Blackwater tank, but no Grey water tanks since it was not considered necessary back then. The two Galvanized Freshwater used to run on a compressor, but now have been retrofitted with a demand pump. The Two Fuel tanks hold 29 and 23 gallons respectivly.

Just thought I would stir the pot a bit.

Matt

Sent: 9/1/2004 9:39 PM

We used to stir the pot so it would burn better  - Anonysob

Sent: 9/1/2004 10:39 PM

Just thought that I would let you know that I have a grey water tank as well

* Salvage Yards

RV Salvage Yards
By STATE

* Need a Manual?

Dodge,  Ford
John Deere
Service & Parts Manuals