'87 Winnebago WCN33RU Fuel Pump Relay wring?

Started by gpw9552, August 10, 2014, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpw9552

I have read ALL the other posts on this subject and found that the one thing in common is that the OUTPUT to the electric pump is the TAN/WHITE wire.

In one of the earlier posts it shows the wire going to the fuse block with a 20 Amp fuse and then on to the pump.

This is on a 1987 Winnebago (WCN33RU) with dual factory tanks.  Attached is a copy of the installation that Winnebago sent me.

What we have found so far:

1.  Fuel change over valve does switch.  NO power on pin A with key on or in start position.
2.  Relay A and Relay B located behind the panel where the radio mounts.
3.  Apply power to the RED wire on relay A and the pump works.
4.  Nothing marked on the fuse panel marked for the electric fuel pump.

We will get back on the project Monday.

Phil

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

gpw9552

DAVE,
YOU BET IT HELPS!!!!
If the Fuel Relay is bad, the plan of attack will be to jumper pins 3/5 on the relay plug.  Should be fairly easy with 2 in-line splices like the ones used to add a trailer plug without cutting to wires.
Phil

gpw9552

OK

I did what everyone else did.  Relay and switch.  Pump works great BUT pressure reg leaks.  Didn't want to wait for a rebuild kit so I picked up a new regulator from NAPA for $46.98 with tax.  NAPA P/N 335-3417.

As the song goes "On The Road Again"

gpw9552

Floating this back to the top with final resolution.

My problem turned out to be the red/white wire going to the fuel change over valve and relay A (shown in dave's drawing).  Had to replace a 4 in piece of wire going to relay A.  All is good.

One more thing.  Where dave's drawing shows an AUX pump, mine has only the single pump in the main tank.  On the Winnebago, a quick way to tell if you have duel electric pumps is to look next to the fuel selector switch for a flush mounted indicator light.  It is powered by the black/white wire that is shown going to the AUX pump.

What I thought was a GM Fuel Pump Relay problem was the red/white wire.

Oz

Thanks for letting us know.  It's most helpful when the solutions are shared!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca